Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Quick Catch Up -




Wow, where has the time gone, right? I can't believe I haven't written anything in four months but thus is the life of a Lyme patient. Sometimes we're the windshield, sometimes we're the bug ... but really. If you're the betting sort, you can safely place your money on the bug (yes, that was a thinly veiled attempt at parasitic humor.)

It's been a hectic, busy, crazy four months for someone who rarely leaves the house. In a nutshell, and to be expounded upon later, here are the haps:

1. In September I was able to go to CA for a week and be with all four sons and wives/significant others to watch The Drummer wed The Designer. Truly a magical affair with little twinkly lights, amazing natural floral arrangements, to-die-for wedding cake, the woods, the breeze, and two people madly in love. It was awesome.

And then there was my nine month old grandson affectionally called Dug. I'd wax poetic about him but I'm biased. Let's face it, he is the current most adorable baby in the universe. About 30 years ago (plus or minus a few years) his father and uncles owned that title, but right now Dug is King.

2. Cyst busting. I knew it was coming and I knew it would begin when I got home from CA. It's kind of a Lyme chemo explosion in one's brain. All those nasty cysts get popped open and it rains down spirochetes into one's blood stream where a whole host of antibiotics and herbals gobble them up.

This will be its own separate post. I have this strange ability to both be able to participate in something and observe it. While the participation was not "fun" in any sense of the word, the observations were fascinating. Downright spirochete blowing.

3. My computer died a horrid death. In my quest for healing I drink as much lemon water, apple cider vinegar water, and plain old regular water as much as possible. It was with horror that I watched the lid of my bottle pop off in slow motion and dump lemon water all over my keyboard. Despite my quick action and laying on of hands, it was not healed. To fix it would be half the cost of a new computer and yeah, I can still do math etc.

4. The holidaze. A separate post.

5. The snow storms. Ok. No extra post needed. Anyone who watches the weather knows what happened near Lake Michigan or, shall I say, down the street. In fact, I'm in white out conditions as we speak ... all snug and warm with all liquids far, far away from my keyboard.

6. I have a new computer and this makes me very happy. Blessed, in fact.

Until I can figure a way to get my nifty little FB timeline words of wisdom here, I'll leave you with Dug and his two most adoring fans: Grandma Sue, and his Savta (moi.)


No comments:

Post a Comment